Credits: 1/2 per semester
The study of modern United States History will begin with Changes on the Western Frontier and proceed to the present. Major emphasis will be on the settlement of the frontier and the Plains Indian Wars, immigration, the Progressive Era, U.S. Imperialism, World War I, the Twenties, the Great Depression, World War II, Vietnam, and the Civil Rights Movement; and the cultural groups and their influence on modern U.S. History including early western settlers, immigrant groups, and minorities. Historical terms and influential persons in modern U.S. History will also be included.
Kansas Social Studies Standards
1. Choices have consequences.
2. Individuals have rights and responsibilities.
3. Societies are shaped by beliefs, idea, and diversity.
4. Societies experience continuity and change over time.
5. Relationships between people, place, idea, and environments are dynamic.
Late Start Schedule:
2nd Hour: 10:17 - 11:00
5th Hour: 12:21 - 1:04
6th Hour: 1:08 - 1:51
Other Links for Mrs. Bradshaw
Current Condition: Clear
Wind Speeds: 3.38mph
Chance of Precipitation: 0%